1. Why I Started This Blog (Hint: I’m Actually a Megalomaniac)



For starters, I would just like to say that I am overjoyed that you are reading this blog. I believe that the time you spend here will be time well spent. I hope you leave having learned something, and that you continue to come back if you have. (And if you don’t, come back anyway: I’m sure something that I write will eventually make sense!)

As to why I decided to write this blog. I was, in part, inspired by what I saw around me every day. I saw friends, people on the news, and complete strangers seemingly struggling with questions and grappling with existential crises that I, by the grace of God, had found answers to. I did not want to see these people continue to struggle so mightily with these crushing doubts. I wanted to help.

I also cannot deny that I have always had a penchant for writing. The practice has always soothed me, brought me comfort and clarity, and has always had a certain draw over me. Most people that I know aren’t terribly fond of writing (you guys know who you are!); they would prefer to spend their time solving math or physics problems, writing code, or some other thoroughly non-writing activity; just the thought of those makes me shudder.

Finally, I must give credit where credit is due. I have God to thank for instilling in me the zeal to share my faith, the will to carry it out, the intellect to make this blog any good, and for His grace which allows me to persist in this life at all. He has thoroughly inspired me: and how could He not? He is my Creator, my Redeemer, and my Sanctifier. He is my origin and my end; He is the reason for my existence and the object of my ever-striving love. He alone is the purpose for which I live—all else is fanfare and extra.

Now, for the purpose of this blog. I will not bore you with lofty notions and high-minded idealism. (Who am I kidding? I’m totally going to do that!) My hope is that this blog, above all, informs you, dear reader. I hope it inspires you to look deeper, live more deeply, and, above all, love to the fullest. I hope it causes you to seek your origin, your identity, your purpose, and your end. What are my answers to you if I were asked these questions? My origin is the Father, the Creator and Sustainer of the universe and myself; my identity is an adopted son of the Father and joint-heir with Christ, His Beloved Son, the Second Person of the Most Blessed Trinity, God Incarnate; my purpose in this life is to know, love, and serve the Lord; my end is the contemplation of God, face-to-Face, in Heaven, my true home. I write these things with utmost confidence. This leads me to realize that there is another hope that I have for this blog: I hope that this blog aids you on your own personal journey and encounter with Jesus Christ, the Logos of the Father, Who will give you assurances to these four most important questions if you but seek Him sincerely and ask Him with confidence.

(And by the way: I’m sure you noticed that there is actually no hint of megalomania anywhere in this post. I know, I know, I didn’t technically tell the truth; I’ll try not to make it a habit.) Well, let’s get to it then!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely talk to Evan H.! I would imagine you two carrying on some very meaningful conversations.

    ReplyDelete